Pizza is a popular dish that is enjoyed by people all over the world. When it comes to pizza, the options are endless.
There are many different toppings, flavors, and sizes that you can choose from, but did you know there is also a debate about how many slices in a large pizza?
If you are like most people, you enjoy pizza. In fact, according to a study by the International Pizza Congress, 93% of Americans eat at least one pizza per month.
And with so many variations of this popular dish, it’s no wonder why. But how many slices are in a large pizza? Let’s take a closer look.
In this blog post, we’ll teach you how to determine how many slices are in a large pizza so that the next time you order one, you’ll be able to confidently ask for the number of slices that you want.
Plus, we’ll provide some tips on how to order your next pizza for the perfect party spread. So whether you’re eating out at a pizza place or cooking up a pie at home, read on for the perfect slice!
What Is a Pizza Slice?
A pizza slice is defined as one piece of pizza that has been cut from a larger pie. It can be triangular or square or rectangular in shape and can be either thick or thin.
The thickness of the crust and the toppings on the pizza will also affect the size of the slice. Most pizza slices are about 6-8 inches long and 2-4 inches wide, but the size can vary depending on the size of the pizza and the method of slicing.
Pizza slices are typically served as part of a larger meal or as a snack. They can be plain or topped with various ingredients, such as cheese, vegetables, meat, or sauce.
Pizza is typically served with a fork and knife, but some people prefer to eat it with their hands. If you are eating pizza with your hands, you may want to fold your slice in half so that it is easier to eat.
Pizza places typically sell slices by the slice or by the pie. So, if you’re looking to buy just one slice, you can do that.
Tips: If you’re feeding a large group of people, it’s usually cheaper to buy an entire pie.
Pizza Size Variations
Pizza comes in many different sizes, which can range from 6 inches to 20 inches in diameter. This can make it difficult to determine how many slices are in a large pizza.
The most common pizza sizes are:
– Mini: 6 inches
– Individual: 8 inches
– Small: 10 inches
– Medium: 12 inches
– Large: 14 inches
– Extra large (Jumbo): 16-20 inches
Note: Not all sizes are available at every location. Extra-large or jumbo sizes are also available at some pizza places.
The size of the pizza will affect the number of slices that it has. For example, a 12-inch pizza will have about 8 slices, while a 16-inch pizza will have 12 slices.
The number of slices and slice sizes in a pizza can also be affected by the size of the pizza and the method of slicing. For example, if the pizza is cut into wedges, each slice will be larger than if the pizza is cut into thin strips.
Or if you order a pizza that has been cut into squares, you will likely have more slices than if you order a pizza that has been cut into wedges.
The type of crust and the toppings on the pizza will also affect the number of slices. For example, a pizza with a thick crust and lots of toppings will have fewer slices than a pizza with a thin crust and few toppings.
The number of people that you are feeding will also affect the size of the pizza that you need to order. For example, if you are feeding a group of 4-6 people, you will likely need to order a large or extra-large pizza.
How Many Slices In a Large Pizza?
A large pizza is typically 14 inches in diameter and serves 10 slices. However, the number of slices can vary depending on the size of the pizza and the size of the slices. Of course, the number of slices can also depend on how thick or thin you like your crust.
Moreover, the number of slices in a large pizza also depends on how it is cut. For instance, square or rectangular pizzas are usually cut into four or more slices, while round pizzas (14 inches) are typically cut into ten slices.
Note: Not all pizzas are created equal. Some pizza places cut their pies differently, so the number of slices in a large pizza can vary.
If you’re ordering a slice of pizza from a restaurant or pizzeria, the number of slices per pizza will likely be listed on the menu. If you’re making a pizza at home, you can use a ruler to measure the diameter of your pizza and determine how many slices it will yield.
Tips: If you’re ordering a pizza for a large group, it’s always best to call ahead and ask about the size and number of slices so that you can order the right amount. No one wants to be stuck with a pizza that’s too small or too big!
No matter what size or type of pizza you prefer, there’s no wrong answer when it comes to how many slices you should order. It all depends on your personal preferences.
Did you know?
One way to determine how many slices are in a large pizza is by using mathematical formulas. All you need to know is the size of the pie and the size of the slices.
Let’s say you have a large pizza that is 14 inches in diameter and the average slice of pizza is around 4.396 inches wide, you can use the formula C=πd to calculate the circumference of the pizza.
Note: d is the diameter of the pizza and π(Pi) is approximately 3.14.
This formula gives you the total circumference of the pizza, which is the distance around the edge of the pie, and from there, you can determine how many slices there are.
Plugging that into the formula, we get C=πx14 or C=3.14×14=43.96 inches.
If each slice is 4.396 inches wide, then there would be 43.96/4.396, or 10 slices in a large pizza.
Of course, this is just an estimate, as pizza sizes and slice sizes can vary depending on the pizzeria. But if you’re looking for a general idea of how many slices are in a large pizza, 10 is a good number to go with.
How Many Slices Are In a Large Pizza Pizza Hut, Domino’s Pizza, and Papa John’s Pizza?
The debate about how many slices are in a large pizza largely depends on the pizza chain that you order from. Pizza hut, domino’s pizza, and papa john’s pizza are all popular pizza places that offer large pizzas.
At Pizza Hut, a large pizza is 14 inches in diameter and has 12 slices. Domino’s offers both 8 slices and 12 slices options for large pizzas with 14 inches in diameter.
Lastly, at Papa John’s a large pizza is only 13.5 inches in diameter but has 10 slices. So, depending on the pizza place, a large pizza can have anywhere from 8 to 12 slices.
But how can you determine how many slices are in a large pizza from these popular chains?
The best way to know for sure is to ask the pizza place when you order your pie. This way, you can be sure that you’re getting the number of slices that you want.
Another option is to look at the pizza size chart on the pizza chain’s website. Pizza Hut’s website, for example, has a pizza size chart that shows how many slices are in each type of pizza.
From this chart, you can see that a large Pizza Hut pizza has 12 slices. Domino’s and Papa John’s also have pizza size charts on their websites that you can refer to when ordering your pizza.
Individual Slice Sizes Of Pizza
– Pizza Hut: Each slice is 3.66 inches wide.
– Dominos: If you order an 8-slice pizza, each slice will be 5.495 inches wide. If you order a 12-slice pizza, each slice will be 3.66 inches wide.
– Papa John’s: Each slice is 4.239 inches wide.
Dominos has larger slices than both Pizza Hut and Papa John’s. So, if you’re looking for a heartier slice of pizza, Domino’s is the way to go.
On the other hand, if you’re looking for a thinner slice of pizza, Pizza Hut might be a better option. And, if you can’t decide between the two, Papa John’s offers a middle-ground option with its 10-slice, 13.5-inch large pizzas.
So, when you’re ordering a large pizza from these popular chains, be sure to ask about the size of the slices. This way, you can know how many slices you’ll be getting and how big each slice will be.
One slice of pizza is not normally considered a meal, but it can be a significant source of calories.
A large pizza from these popular chains can have anywhere from 250 to 350 calories per slice. If you add toppings like pepperoni or sausage, the calorie count goes up.
The number of calories in a slice of pizza depends on the toppings, the type of crust, and the size of the slice. A large pizza can have as many as 10 slices, which means that it could provide about 2,500-3,500 calories or more.
That’s a lot of calories, and it’s important to remember that if you’re trying to lose weight or watch your calorie intake, you need to be aware of how many slices you’re eating.
If you’re looking for a lower-calorie option, gluten-free pizza might be a good choice. One slice of gluten-free pizza with a rice flour crust and vegetables as toppings are generally around 150 calories.
Gluten-free pizzas are made with a variety of different flours, such as rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, and more. This type of pizza is designed for people who have celiac disease or are gluten-intolerant.
So, if you’re looking for a gluten-free option, don’t worry, you can still enjoy pizza! Just be sure to ask for a gluten-free crust when you order.
How Many Slices In An Extra-Large Pizza?
An extra-large pizza is typically 16 to 20 inches in diameter and has 12 slices. Of course, this will depend on how you slice your pizza. For example, if you want smaller slices, you’ll be able to get more out of an extra-large pizza.
If you’re hosting a party or gathering, an extra-large pizza is a great option to ensure that everyone gets their fill. Plus, with 12 slices or more, you’ll have plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day!
As with large pizzas, the number of slices in an extra-large pizza can vary depending on the pizzeria. So, it’s always best to ask ahead of time or consult the pizza place’s website before ordering.
Moreover, if you’re looking to cut down on costs, you can always order two smaller pizzas instead of one large pizza. But if you do go the extra-large route, make sure that everyone is okay with eating just one slice!
How Much Pizza Should I Order?
This is a common question that we get asked all the time. And while there is no definitive answer, there are some guidelines that you can follow to help you make your decision.
First, you’ll need to consider how many people you’ll be feeding. Are you having a party or a large gathering? If so, you’ll want to make sure you have enough pizza to feed everyone.
– If you’re an adult, you may want to eat three slices of pizza. But if you’re trying to watch your weight, one slice may be a better option.
– As for children, it depends on their age and appetite. A good rule of thumb is one slice for younger kids and two slices for older kids.
– Multiply this by the expected number of slices to get the size and number of pizzas you desire.
Using this formula, if you are serving 7 adults (each will eat 3 slices of pizza), you will need to order 2 large pizzas.
If you are serving other food options, then you will want to order less pizza. However, if pizza is the main dish, then you’ll want to order more.
Of course, this isn’t an exact science, and there are always going to be exceptions to the rule. For example, if you are expecting a lot of people to show up to your party, you may want to order an extra pizza or two just to be safe.
On the other hand, if you’re having a small gathering or you know that some of your guests won’t be eating pizza, then you can probably get away with ordering one large pizza.
Another thing to consider is how hungry your guests are. Are they coming straight from work or school and are likely to be ravenous?
Or, are they coming over after a light lunch and might not be as interested in eating a lot of pizza?
If you’re not sure how much pizza to order, a good rule of thumb is to overestimate rather than underestimate. It’s always better to have too much pizza than not enough!
Tips For Ordering The Perfect Pizza For Your Party
When it comes to ordering pizza, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
1. The number of people: The first thing you’ll want to consider is the number of people you are expecting at your party. This will help you determine how many pizzas you’ll need to order.
2. Appetites: Not everyone has the same appetite, so you’ll want to take this into account when ordering pizza. If you have a lot of guests with hearty appetites, you may want to consider ordering extra pizza or larger pizzas.
3. Pizza toppings: Another thing to think about is the variety of pizza toppings you’ll want to have at your party. This is important because not everyone likes the same toppings on their pizza.
4. The number of slices: You can also ask the pizza place to cut the pie into a certain number of slices. For example, if you’re ordering pizza for a group of four, you could ask for the pie to be cut into eight to 12 slices.
5. Don’t forget the drinks: Make sure to have soda, water, and beer on hand to quench everyone’s thirst.
6. Order extra cheese: Cheese lovers rejoice! Adding extra cheese to your pizza will not only make it more delicious, but it will also help to bind the toppings to the crust and prevent them from sliding off.
7. Get a thin crust: If you’re looking for a lighter pizza option, ask for a thin crust. Thin crusts tend to have fewer calories and are easier to digest than their thicker counterparts.
8. Go heavy on the vegetables: Pile on the veggies! Not only are they healthy, but they’ll also add a crunchy texture and bright flavor to your pizza.
9. Budget: Last but not least, you’ll need to consider your budget when ordering pizza. Pizza can be a bit pricey, so you’ll want to make sure you have enough money to cover the cost of the pizzas you’re ordering.
Whatever your plans are, there’s no doubt that pizza will be a hit! So, go ahead and order your next pie with confidence.
Is It Better To Get 2 Medium Pizzas Or 1 Large Pizza?
This is a common question that people ask when they are trying to decide how many pizzas to order for their group. And while there is no right or wrong answer, there are some things to consider that can help you make the best decision for your situation.
The answer to this question depends on a few factors, such as how many people you’re feeding and how much everyone wants to eat.
If you are feeding a large group of people, then it’s probably best to get 2 medium pizzas so that everyone can have at least 2 slices. This is because you will have more crust and more toppings to choose from.
On the other hand, if you are only feeding a few people, 1 large pizza may be a better option. This is because you won’t have to worry about leftovers and you can save money by not ordering 2 pizzas.
Either way, the important thing is to make sure that you have enough pizza for everyone to enjoy.
What About Types Of Toppings?
When it comes to pizza toppings, the options are endless. You can choose from a variety of meats, cheeses, vegetables, and sauces to top your pie.
Or you can choose from traditional toppings like pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, and onions, or get creative with unique toppings like chicken and bacon.
Did you know?
One of the most common toppings for pizza is cheese. In fact, according to a study by the National Association of Pizza Operators, cheese is the most popular topping in the United States.
Keep in mind that the toppings you choose will affect the number of slices in your pizza.
For example, a deep dish pizza with a thicker crust will have fewer slices than a thin crust pizza. Similarly, a pizza with lots of toppings will also have fewer slices than one with fewer toppings.
Tips: If you intend to order pizza before your guests arrive, order twice as many cheese pizzas as other types of pizza. As a general rule, you can use a 2:1:1 ratio. That means you can order two cheese pizzas, one vegetarian, and one pepperoni.
The Importance Of The Size Of Your Pie
The size of your pizza matters because it will determine how many people can share in the pie and how much each person will get. For example, if you have a large party, you’ll want to order a large pizza so that everyone can have at least two slices.
On the other hand, if you’re eating alone or with just a few friends, a small or medium pizza will suffice. The number of slices in a large pizza can range from 8 to 12, depending on how the pizza is cut.
Pizza places usually offer different cuts, such as square, wedge, or triangle. The size of the pizza is also a factor when you’re cooking a pizza at home.
For example, if you’re using a large pizza pan, you’ll likely get more slices than if you’re using a small pizza pan.
Common Mistakes When Ordering Pizza
When it comes to pizza, there are a few common mistakes that people make when they place their orders.
One of the most common mistakes is forgetting to specify the size of the pizza. If you don’t say how large or small you want your pizza, the restaurant will assume you want a medium pizza.
Another mistake people make is not being specific about the type of crust they want. There are many different types of crusts, such as thin crust, thick crust, and gluten-free crust.
If you don’t specify which type of crust you want, the restaurant will likely give you their most popular option, which is usually a thin-crust pizza.
Another common mistake is not asking for extra toppings. Most pizza places will charge you extra for additional toppings, so if you want something on your pizza that is not typically included, be sure to ask for it.
Finally, a common mistake people make when ordering pizza is not specifying how they want their pizza cut.
There are many different ways to cut a pizza, such as slices, squares, or wedges. If you don’t specify how you want your pizza cut, the restaurant will likely just slice it into 8-10 pieces.
How To Cut a Pizza Into Slices?
When it comes to pizza, there are two types of people in this world: those who eat pizza by the slice, and those who eat pizza by the pie.
And while there is no wrong way to eat pizza, if you’re looking to impress your friends at your next party or get-together, then you’ll want to know how to cut a pizza into slices.
Plus, when you know how to slice a pizza correctly, you’ll be able to determine how many slices are in a large pizza with ease!
Here are a few tips on how to cut a pizza into the perfect slices:
– Use a sharp knife: A dull knife will make it difficult to cut through the crust and toppings of a pizza. A serrated knife is ideal, but any sharp knife will do. You’ll want to use a sharp knife for clean, even slices.
– Use a cutting board: A cutting board will help to keep your countertop clean and will make it easier to transfer the sliced pizza to plates or serving platters, preventing the pizza from sticking to it.
– Start from the center: When cutting a pizza, start from the middle and work your way out. This will ensure that each slice is of uniform size and shape.
– Don’t saw the pizza: Sawing back and forth will make the slices uneven. Instead, use a slicing motion to cleanly cut through the pizza.
– Use a pizza cutter: A pizza cutter is a kitchen tool specifically designed for cutting pizzas. It can make the job easier and will give you clean, even slices.
How To Store Leftover Pizza?
Leftover pizza is one of the great joys in life. But if you don’t know how to store it properly, you may end up with a soggy, unappetizing mess. Storing your leftover pizza properly is important to keep it fresh and delicious.
When it comes to storing leftover pizza, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. If you plan on eating the pizza within two days, then the fridge is your best bet.
First, make sure to store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. This will help to keep the cheese from drying out and prevent the crust from getting soggy.
You can also freeze leftover pizza for up to two months, but it may not taste as fresh as when it was first made. Again, make sure to wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag.
If you want to enjoy your pizza immediately, you can always store it at room temperature. Just make sure to eat it within an hour or two so the dough doesn’t get hard.
Here are some tips on how to store your leftover pizza so that it stays fresh and delicious:
-If you have whole slices of pizza, wrap them in aluminum foil or place them in a zip-top bag.
-If you have pieces of pizza, place them on a plate and cover them with a damp paper towel.
-If you have pizza sauce, store it in a sealed container in the fridge.
-If you have cheese or toppings, store them in a zip-top bag in the fridge.
FAQs Of How Many Slices In a Large Pizza
1. How much pizza do I need for 20 people?
As a rule of thumb, one large pizza is typically enough to feed four to six people. However, this number can vary depending on how many people are eating, their appetite, and what else is being served.
If you are having a pizza party with 20 people where pizza is the only food option, then you might need 8 large pizzas. To determine how many pizzas you’ll need for your event, it’s best to ask the pizza place for their recommendations or do some research online.
2. What toppings should not be on pizza?
When it comes to pizza, there are a few toppings that are controversial. Some people love them, while others think they don’t belong on a pizza. Here are a few of the most controversial toppings:
1. Anchovies: Love them or hate them, anchovies are a polarizing topping. If you’re a fan, you’ll love the salty flavor they add to a pizza. If you’re not, you might want to avoid them.
2. Pineapple: Pineapple on pizza is a pretty divisive topic. Some people think the sweetness of the fruit goes well with the savory flavors of a pizza, while others find it to be an odd combination.
3. Spinach: While spinach might be a healthy addition to your diet, some people think it doesn’t belong on a pizza. If you’re not a fan of greens, you might want to skip this topping.
4. Lettuce: Like spinach, lettuce is a healthy green that some people think doesn’t belong on a pizza. If you don’t like the taste of lettuce, you might want to avoid this topping.
5. Cream-based sauce: A lot of people love cream-based sauces on their pizza, but some think they’re too heavy and rich. If you’re watching your caloric intake, you might want to avoid this type of sauce.
6. Citrus fruit: Citrus fruit is a controversial pizza topping because it can make pizza dough soggy. If you’re looking for a crispy crust, you might want to avoid this topping.
7. Everything sweet: While some people like a little sweetness on their pizza, others find it to be too much. If you’re not a fan of sweets, you might want to avoid toppings like chocolate, honey, or even marshmallows.
3. What is the most popular pizza topping in the world?
The most popular pizza topping in the world is pepperoni. This classic topping is enjoyed by people of all ages and can be found on pizzas at restaurants and homes around the globe.
In the United States, pepperoni is the most popular pizza topping, followed by sausage, mushrooms, onions, and cheese. If you’re looking for a pizza with pepperoni, you can find one at your local pizzeria or make your own at home.
4. Can I eat pizza that sat overnight?
Pizza is a dish that is best enjoyed fresh, but sometimes leftovers happen. If you are wondering if it is safe to eat pizza that was left out overnight, the answer is no.
If the pizza was sitting out at room temperature for more than two hours, it is not safe to eat. Pizza that has been refrigerated can be safe to eat up to 2 days after it was made.
5. Can you reheat pizza twice?
The answer is yes! Reheating pizza can be tricky, as you don’t want to end up with a soggy or rubbery slice. But if done correctly, reheating pizza can be just as delicious as eating it fresh.
Just be sure to follow these tips the next time you reheat your pizza.
1. Use an oven or toaster oven: When reheating pizza, it’s best to use an oven or toaster oven. This will help to crisp up the crust and make the cheese melty.
2. Don’t overheat: You don’t want to overheat your pizza, as this will make the crust soggy and the cheese rubbery. Reheat your pizza for 10 minutes at a temperature of 350 degrees Fahrenheit in the oven.
3. Use a pizza stone: If you have a pizza stone, reheating your pizza on it will help to crisp up the crust. Simply preheat your oven or toaster oven with the pizza stone inside and then place your slice of pizza on the stone once it’s heated.
4. Add some moisture: If your pizza has dried out, you can add some moisture back into it by placing a damp paper towel over the slice before reheating. This will help to rehydrate the crust and make it more pliable.
5. Use the microwave: You can also reheat pizza in the microwave, but be sure to use the reheat setting. If you reheat pizza more than once, be sure to let it cool completely before reheating it again.
6. Let it cool slightly: Once your pizza is heated, let it cool for a few minutes before eating. This will help to prevent burns and also allow the cheese to set.
6. Why do people eat pizza cold?
Some people believe that pizza is best eaten cold because the flavors have time to meld together and the crust becomes crunchy.
Others argue that pizza should be eaten hot out of the oven so that you can enjoy the gooey cheese and fresh toppings.
No matter what your opinion is, there is no right or wrong answer. It simply comes down to personal preference.
If you like your pizza cold, we recommend storing it in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just be sure to wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap so that it doesn’t dry out.
When it’s time to reheat, we suggest putting the slices on a baking sheet and popping them in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes.
This will help to re-crisp the crust and melt the cheese without making the toppings soggy.
If you prefer hot pizza, we recommend eating it within 2 hours of being served. After that, the crust starts to get hard and the cheese can become rubbery.
Whether you like your pizza cold or hot, the important thing is to enjoy it.
7. Is pizza once a week too much?
No way! According to the National Pizza Association, pizza consumption in the United States has risen steadily over the past few decades. In fact, Americans now consume an average of 23 pounds of pizza per person every year.
That’s about 350 slices of pizza per person! So if you’re eating pizza once a week, you’re actually consuming less than the average American.
Pizza is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. It’s perfect for a quick meal on the go or a leisurely night in with family and friends.
Plus, there are endless possibilities when it comes to toppings, so you can always find a pizza that you’ll enjoy. So go ahead and enjoy pizza once a week. Just be sure to ask for extra napkins.
8. What day of the week is pizza ordered the most?
According to a study done by Foodler, the most popular day for pizza is Friday. In fact, 18% of respondents said that they order pizza on Fridays, making it the most popular day of the week for this dish.
So if you’re looking to have a pizza party or want to make sure your local pizzeria is open, Friday is the day to do it!
9. What’s the difference between a large and medium pizza?
When it comes to pizza, there are two standard sizes: large and medium. But what’s the difference between the two?
A large pizza is typically 14 inches in diameter, while a medium pizza is about 12 inches. But the size isn’t the only difference between these two pizza types.
A large pizza has 10 slices, while a medium pizza has 8. So if you’re looking for more food, a large pizza is the way to go.
10. How many pizzas do I need for 12 adults?
You will need at least four pizzas for 12 adults. This will depend on how many slices each person eats. On average, most people eat two to three slices of pizza. However, some people may eat more or less.
If you want to be sure that everyone has enough to eat, we recommend ordering five pizzas. This way, you’ll have leftovers and everyone will be able to eat their fill.
11. How many people does a large pizza feed?
This is a difficult question to answer because it depends on the size of the pizza and the appetites of the people eating it. However, a good rule of thumb is that a large pizza will feed around two adults or four children.
In conclusion, there is no definitive answer to the question of how many slices are in a large pizza. However, based on the average size and number of toppings, we estimate that there are 8-12 slices in a large pizza.
When ordering your next large pizza, be sure to specify the number of slices you would like so that you can be sure to get the amount that you want. If you’re looking for the perfect party spread, remember to order one pizza per person.
And if you’re making pizza at home, you can use a ruler or measuring tape to get a perfect size and shape for your pie.
Now you know how to determine how many slices in a large pizza! Just remember, the number of slices will vary depending on the size of the pizza and the thickness of the crust.
No matter how you slice it, we hope you enjoy your next large pizza. So what are you waiting for? Grab a slice (or two) and enjoy!